Wednesday 10 July 2013

Zurich 2

So I made it through the trolley tour in one piece. I learnt some interesting facts about Zurichs water, such as there are 1200 fountains in Zurich and that the lake water is almost of drinking quality.

The driver was a nice guy and insisted of taking photos of me infront of St Peterskirche when we stopped. Those gems however are on my camera.

After the tour I went to some of the sights again by foot so I could get better photos and actually visit them,  for example St Peterskirche has some famous painted glass windows I wanted to see (photos werent allowed).

Today I went to a public toilet in Zurich. They are so weird but in a good way. Firstly you don't have to pay which was very surprising, but most surprising was the actual toilet itself. They were like really wide silver metal containers. The toilet seat was not at all connected to it, instead it was almost like a lift up lid, like on a treasure chest but it was hanging from a bar above the toilet. It had a handle on the side and you just pulled it down over the toilet and then when you flushed it, it automatically lifted itself back up.  It was so weird.

Whilst I was at the Grossmunster I climbed up one of its two towers and almost died. But it had fantastic views over Zurich and the lake.

After this I got the tram to the Hauptbahnhof and went to a little park at the point where two rivers meet. On the way I got takeaway dim sum. I sat with my feet in the river next to loads of other people doing the same, whilst munching on my pork dumplings.. Then I sunbathed on the grass, got bitten by an ant and watched the police search some teenage goths/hippies for drugs. 

At around 5 I went back to the hostel and packed up ready for tomorrow's early start. I have an 8:08 train to Strasbourg but I need to have breakfast before so I'm getting up at 6:15.

After a sandwich I got the tram up to ETC which is some university place that has a big public terrace with a view over Zurich to watch the sun set. It was a bit cloudy but still nice.

Now I've discovered panoramic pictures I am doing alot of them. Expect many to be coming your way.

P.S sorry if some photos are there twice or are question marks. Having problems with the app


2 comments:

  1. I assume you mean zurich in that last post and not Salzburg - I can't believe the view is that good!

    I bet you weren't as tasty as the dim sum!



    ReplyDelete