Wednesday 24 July 2013

Things I have loved

This is to counteract the other post. Firstly though,  I want it to be clear that despite everything I said in the last post I have loved basically every minute of this trip and it has been an amazing experience. Thankyou so much to everyone for chipping in and a massive thankyou to Grandma, as it was her suggestion in the first place and it was grandma that bought me the ticket for my 18th birthday - although I don't think she is reading this!

I have absolutely loved exploring all the different cities. Each was so different from the next and I have enjoyed every single one. Every city has a different vibe and a different feel. I have seen some beautiful buildings, learnt some new facts and met some awesome people along the way. Everyone I've met has had a different story and a different look on life. It's been fantastic.

I have loved the adventure of always being in a new place. No two days were the same and no two cities similar. I've had many new experiences and it's been incredible.

One thing I absolutely love about Europe,  or at least alot of it, are the squares at night. I love whole concept of having a square or squares where everything is happening. I've seen so many people just performing different things in the middle of a square and some have been a lovely impromptu performances. Like Freddie in Wenceslas Square, all that time ago back in Prague. He was great and entertained so many people.

I've loved the whole thing of getting on a train in one city in one country and a few hours later being ina completely different city, speaking a completely different language, using completely different currency, in a whole different country only a few hours later.

It has also been fun to see all the different hostels. I have definitely preferred the smaller ones though. The ones at Bled and Zadar, where for example there were less people in the room so you got more chance to speak to others. In massive dorms its easy to be isolated and independent because you aren't really forced into interacting. My favourite room was definitely the Aventura hostel in Budapest becaue of the way it was decorated and there were no bunks! But no complaints about going back to my own bed.

I was very tempted to accidentally on purpose miss my ferry. I am having too much fun! At least I have the Dorling family bbq this weekend to look forward to, and then some of the Abdullahs coming down later on, aswell as the Liverpool match. They will hopefully be fun, and its only 3 weeks until Peru!

2 comments:

  1. No sun?!! You must be joking!! I'm glad I checked this one last time even though I thought you had finished... I haven't missed a single post :-) SEE YOU TOMORROW!!! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was meant to be under your final post...not sure how it ended up here!!!

    ReplyDelete