Saturday 20 July 2013

Stupid stupid stupid. (And lucky)

I'm so angry at myself right now. I left my bag for less than a minute in a room full of people, between two people I had been sitting next to for a good ten minutes and when I came back my passport wallet was gone. I am just so unbelievably lucky that my passport was in my hand when it went missing. Its still annoying though. My debit card was in there along with my student card and currency from all over Europe. I'm a bit unsure whether it was actually stolen or whether I just misplaced it becaus my phone, camera, ipod and purse were all still there but I had been sitting in the same place when I had taken my passport out of it and I looked all round and couldn't see it. So if it wasn't stolen I don't know where it is.

The staff at the eurolines stop were extreme unhelpful. All they said was 'you shouldn't have left your bag'. Yeah, thanks. I got that. I had to just leave. They had already announced by bus and the bus driver wasn't happy when I turned up.
I'm so stupid. Never again will I leave my bag even for a second.

Anyway. Enough of that. At least I have my passport!

This morning I followed a route around north Brussels suggested by the map I had. It took me down massive boulevards surrounded by skyscrapers that were a far cry from the Grand Place and the areas I'd seen yesterday. It was like two different cities, one with cobbled streets and magnificent town halls and the other filled with modern massive skyscrapers. The route also took me through Brussels red light district, or rather red light road which I hadn't realised until I had already started walking down the road which had half naked women sitting behind windows of shops.

After that I took the metro to Atomium which is a monument type thing built for the World exhibition of 1958. Its meant to represent iron. (See photo)

Then I headed back to the hostel to get my bags and get the bus to Amsterdam as my interail ticket expired yesterday and its alot cheaper. It does however mean a 4 hour coach journey but oh well. I'm just praying I don't end up needing the loo.

No comments:

Post a Comment