Friday 19 July 2013

One sour note....

This evening I went back to Grand Markt to see the town hall by night. I was just sitting on the kerb with hundreds of other people when a presumably homeless person came up behind me. He bent over,  his head right next to mine, shaking his hand right in my face. I said no and turned away. He carried on shaking his hand in my face and I just ignored him. Then he put his face right next to my ear and starting swearing at me. I was genuinely scared he was going to hit me. He walked off and the man next to me asked if I knew him.

I tried to forget about it but I was just generally shaken up. He had clearly thought he could intimidate me into giving him money because he hadn't asked anyone else.  He ignored the families and the man either side and just headed straight for me. I only had 6 cent on me anyway.

Later I was just crossing the square when I happened to walk right past him and a friend sitting in the middle of the square and they both just started yelling at me, presumably in Flemish or whatever they speak here.

It just really ruined what otherwise would have been a nice evening. The square was full of people and the building were lit up in different colours. But it just put me in a bad mood. I've come home and am just going to bed. Probably a good idea anyway as my throats really sore. Yawning is quite painful.

1 comment:

  1. :-( hope you're feeling positive again this morning! X

    ReplyDelete