Tuesday 23 July 2013

Amsterdam day 2

Today has been a really relaxed day which means I don't really have much to say. This morning I just went to the beginhof and then Dam square to see the relatively unimpressive royal palace and then wandered around Amsterdam admiring the canals. This afternoon I just spent sunning myself (in the shade) in Vondelpark. It was really hot. When I was in Paris I had met a guy who said he would show me around Amsterdam and we met up this afternoon but since I had already seen most of it on the tour yesterday, we just chatted in the park. He had told me he lived two hours away and kept asking if I wanted to go back to his. I don't think so somehow.

I think tomorrow I'm going to go swimming if its close and possible. I will have to research options when I get back to the hostel as I am once again in Dam square, just people watching. Before I came to the square this evening I was sat with my feet in a fountain in Leidesplein which had loads of people (mainly adults) splashing around in it when I passed it earlier. It was nice.

Dad managed to get me some money so now I can afford lunch and dinner, for which I had tandoori chicken breast and potatoe wedges. I also picked out the lettuce from the salad and ate that. It also came with a drink for €6.75 so its all good.

Ok so whilst I was sitting in the square I got chatting to what turned out to be the world's most laid back, friendly Muslim. He was the complete opposite of the image the media presents. He invited me for a drink and insisted on paying for it. We sat chatting for a while and gave me his number and told me to message him if I wanted to go to the beach tomorrow,  then walked me back.

Now its a lot later than I had planned on staying up and I ache all over from walking. Only one day left. Can't believe its almost over already.

No comments:

Post a Comment