Monday 8 July 2013

Lake Como - part 2

I've had a really lovely afternoon. I got the ferry to San Giovanni in search of somewhere to swim. On the ferry across, just as it was docking I spotted a stoney beach type area with people in the sea so I headed for that.
It was marvelous. There was a marked out swimming area with a floating platform and a hammock in the middle and on the shore there was a bar that did crepes with nutella. I didn't get any because it would have cost €12. Absolute rip off.

I got changed and went into the lake. It was a right saga. The floor was stoney sk obviously it was slippery, made all ghe worse by the moss or whatever it was. It was also quite painful. I slipped over 3 times and landed on my butt. I also managed to cut my leg although I didn't realise until after.

When I had finished swimming I got out, dried off and slapped on the suncream. Then the sun went in.

Thankfully however not for long. I was swimming and sunbathing. Typically the hottest time was the time I had to go for the bus. I had realised when I got to San Giovanni that the bus stopped right by the beach so I could have just gone straight there but oh well. Bellaggio was pretty and I needed lunch.

About ten minutes before I left there was thunder from over the hill sounding out as as l was waiting for the bus it started raining. It was just a quick shower but now it is raining heavily here at the Hostel.

I was just sitting at the back on the bus, shoes off, jammin' to my ipod, getting thrown from side to side as we rocketed down tiny roads, looking out over Lake Como. I had had wonderful afternoon.

When I got back to the hostel I showered and washed my hair. I had to straighten it in the reflection from the fire hose box because there were no sockets by the mirrors. I almost burnt my ear off.

Now I am sitting in the hostel bar waiting for pizza. I wish I had another day here.

No comments:

Post a Comment