Wednesday 10 July 2013

Trolley Tour

Today I'm doing a trolley tour of Zurich. I got up, had a salami sandwich for breakfast and a yummy hot chocolate. I booked the tour at the hostel and headed to the start point, behind the main station. It didn't take me as long as I thought. I got there at 8:50. The tour didn't start until 9:45. Thankfully the bus turned up at 9 oclock. I showed a man my ticket then got on the bus. I asked the driver if he wanted to see my ticket. He didn't really answer. He just said 'hallo, wie gehts gut?' Having not spoken german for 3 years I completely forgot how you're meant to answer in german so I just said 'I'm good thanks'. He thought it was hilarious.

I took my seat at the back of the bus in the open air bit and was immediately engulfed into a massive group of asian tourists. They insisted on having a group photo at the back of the bus. They clearly didn't want me in it as one man moved so to block me from the camera. I was most offended. I would have only improved the photo in large quantities.

Whilst sitting on the bus I noticednthe driver kneeling under the back. He went and got the ticket man and they both went and looked. Then they went and got another man who went and looked. He basically got right down under the bus, in his suit. They fiddled for a bit then came back up. I'm sort of worried the bus is going to fall apart. This may be the last time you hear from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment