Tuesday 23 July 2013

Bad Buiten

The hostel I am in has no air conditioning. I am in a room with 19 other girls and the windows don't open. Its like 25° at night and its made worse by all the people in the room. Even worse is the fact the lift is broken and I'm on the top floor. Its EVEN WORSE when I get all the way to the top and my key card doesn't work and I have to go all the way back down to fix it and then come all the way back up, as has happened three times now.

Apart from that its a nice hostel although there is no hot chocolate at breakfast.

Today I wandered round Vondelpark in the morning and saw bits I hadn't seen before. There was a really cute bandstand in a lake and a statue surrounded by beautiful flowers. Then this afternoon I went to 'Bad Buiten' (a swimming pool) which is near Amstel Station. It opened at 12 and when I got there at 11:39 there was already a queue. Its now 15:15. Its absolutely packed. There are people on all sides of the pool and people on all the seats and people covering the bar. Its clearly a popular place. If you look at my photos, you may see why. Its fantastic.
There's a dutch kid here with a woman I thought was his grandma but was actually his mum. He looked like an angry mini version of Patrick Swayze but without the wrinkles.

-----

I got home from the pool around 5 and got a very nice cold shower. Then I got dinner at the hostel bar. I had sweet and sour chicken with rice and salad which was nice. I am rather sunburnt. Some nice girl saw me struggling to reach my back with the aftersun and offered to help which was fab as I am not flexible at all in any shape or form.

I have pretty much packed up now. Just a few bits I'll need tomorrow to go in my rucksack. I'm not really sure what to do with my last evening.

2 comments: