Monday 15 July 2013

Fireworks at the Tour Eiffel

Bonjour mon petite jambon

That was amazing.

This evening there were fireworks at the Eiffel Tower (could have worked that out for yourself). I thought I'd get there around ten so I'd have an hour to get a good spot and relax. When I got there, it was packed. They had already closed the tube station I wanted to get off at because it was so busy. The metro was like sardines. It was even worse on the way back.

The fireworks lasted 40 minutes and they were fantastic. They were set to music and the Eiffel tower was twinkling (occasionally). There were two identical beams rotating round from the top ofnthe tower like a lighthouse.

By the end my back was hurting so bad I could hardly walk. Everyone was heading to the nearest metro station, walking down the middle of the road, not caring there were three mopeds and a car coming at them, so I decided to walk too but went to a further away one. I ended up walking what seemed like miles to the metro station by l'arc de triumph only to find that was packed as well. I almost cried with happiness when I got a seat on the metro.

I made it back to the hostel without getting mugged which is a big achievement in this part of town. Now I'm going to bed. I'm not getting up early tomorrow. Thats if I get up at all.

2 comments:

  1. Love the pictures of the fireworks, Elena.
    Lynn and Jem
    XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou :)
      The real thing was much more impressive though xx

      Delete