Tuesday 16 July 2013

Last evening in Paris

This evening I went to the Eiffel tower. Apparently they do a light show on every hour. Its clearly the thing to do in Paris. I found a spot and sat (lay) like all the proper Parisians, with a baguette (crepe), having a picnic with friends/family/partner (on my own). People had bottles of wine and blankets etc. It was cute. Not for me. Cause I was all alone.
No I'm joking,  it was a nice relaxing evening. I was listening to BeyoncĂ© on my ipod, watching the flash of the cameras belonging to the rich people at the top of the tower flash, the lucky beans.
The light show turned out just to be the twinkling I saw yesterday which was a bit of a disappointment but it was still nice. Whilst I was just laying there,  I noticed a green light coming through the tower. I went to see what it was and found the other side of the tower was all lit up. It wasn't the light show, that was just the twinkling but it was still beautiful. I wandered up to Palais Chillout to get a better view/photo. I was having trouble with the selfies again when two guys noticed and offered to help. We got chatting and it turns out that one of them lives in Amsterdam. He gave me his number and said he would show me around when I get there at the end of the trip. After a while I said goodbye and got the metro back to the hostel. I have an early start tomorrow to catch the train to Brugge, via Brussels, and then afterwards I am going to Brussels. Madness.
There's only 8 full days left of my trip. Seems crazy. Its gone so fast

No comments:

Post a Comment