Tuesday 16 July 2013

BREAKING NEWS

I have found (and eaten) an orange calipo. Panic over.
After Paris, Brugge is a lovely contrast. Its small cobbled streets and canals that are wonderfully walkable are a world away from the massive avenues and boulevards of Paris. Its like being in an entirely different continent.
When I got to the hostel it was dead. There was no one except the receptionist there. The hostel does lunch at 12:30. I got there at about 12:50 and there was not a soul. Now there is massive french school group. I love school groups...
At Brugge station I got an AMT milkshake. It was amazing. Nicest milkshake ever.
For lunch I paid the ridiculous price of €2.76 at the world's smallest Aldi. I got two bread rolls,  a packet of ham and a 19 cent bag of crisps then I went and sat by one of the canals to eat.
Afte lunch I went for a wander through Brugge. I did a bit of windows shopping. Brugge has hundreds of chocolate shops with amazing window displays. There was nougat and fudge and marzipan and chocolate and marshmallows. It was very hard to resist.
I went and sat in the main square for a while and just people watched. There is some beautiful architecture here.
For dinner I went to restaurant Gruuthusehof and got the tourist menu. It was fantastic. 3 courses for €16.80. Best meal I have had in weeks. For starters was a yummy courgette soup (yes - courgette!), followed by steak, chips and salad, with profiteroles for dessert. I ate every last bit except for the tomato in the salad. You can add courgette soup and profiteroles to the list of veal, melon and mustard that I have tried and for the most part enjoyed whilst on this trip. I didn't really rate the melon. It tasted nice but I wasn't a fan of the texture. Also the mustard is only nice in very small moderation.
I have taken 2033 photos on my camera so far. Most of them are attempts at selfies that I haven't got round to deleting yet.
I've decided to just stay in this evening and get an early night. Paris has worn me out.

3 comments: